The Basics of TMJ Pain
The causes of TMJ pain vary but may include
- Damage done to the jaw during an accident or injury
- Erosion or dislocation of the disc in the jaw hinge
- Arthritis-related damage
- Frequently grinding or clenching teeth
- Certain connective tissue disorders
If the following symptoms have developed, it’s in your best interest to schedule an appointment with our dental team:
- Pain in one or both jaw joints
- Aching around your jaw joint, including in the ear or neck
- Difficulty chewing food
- Locking or popping when opening and closing the jaw, which can make it difficult to fully open or close the mouth
- Headaches and general facial pain
Treatment for TMJ Pain
When visiting our office to have your TMJ issue evaluated, we will examine your teeth, jaw, and airway to get a general impression of your oral health. From there, we may also choose to take x-rays for added clarity.
Once the cause and severity of your TMJ condition are determined, we will develop a treatment plan that fits your unique needs. Treatment may include jaw exercises, mouth guards, therapies, corrective procedures, or a combination of treatment options.
If you’re experiencing pain in one or both jaw joints, call us at 303-423-0930 and request an appointment online at our office in Arvada, CO. Our award-winning dental professionals strive to provide excellent care for residents in and around Arvada, CO, including the nearby communities of Wheat Ridge, Golden, Broomfield, Lakewood, and Westminster.
Why choose Signature Dentistry of Arvada for Smile Transformation?
Our Signature On Every Smile
Arvada, CO 80007
Fri - Sun: Closed