Chronic grinding can cause teeth to wear down, break, become loose, and even fall out. When moderate to severe grinding occurs, the surface of the teeth weaken and chip away, which may expose nerves and cause individuals to experience significant pain in their mouths.
Am I Grinding My Teeth?
If you’re unsure whether or not you’re grinding your teeth, try to be aware of the following symptoms that indicate bruxism.
- Worn tooth enamel resulting in exposure of deeper tooth layers
- Teeth that appear flat, cracked, or chipped
- Sensitivity or pain in teeth
- Pain in the jaw, face, or neck
- Sore, tight, or frequently locking jaws
- Pain in the upper jaw that’s similar to an earache
- Difficulty sleeping
- Headaches centering around the temples
Certain circumstances can increase a person’s chances of developing a grinding issue, for example:
- Significant stress
- A family history of teeth grinding
- Taking certain medications (like some antidepressants)
If you are experiencing teeth grinding, please call us today at 303-423-0930 and schedule an appointment online with our team in Arvada, CO. Our team provides exceptional service to residents in and around the Arvada area, including nearby communities like Golden, Wheat Ridge, Westminster, Broomfield, and Lakewood.
Why choose Signature Dentistry of Arvada for Smile Transformation?
Our Signature On Every Smile
Arvada, CO 80007
Fri - Sun: Closed